Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Introduction and First Day Withdrawing From Celexa

Thursday September 25, 2008





Well, it’s been 2 days since I stopped taking 20 mg’s of Celexa and I have to tell you, today was hell. I woke up feeling tired, bloated, and extremely dizzy. I did some research on the internet on withdrawal symptoms of Celexa and dizziness was one of the symptoms, along with tiredness, both of which I have.

I should say, that I stopped taking Celexa for many reasons, the first of which was that they cut my Husbands hours back at work, and now with the state mandated health insurance law, they take $100.00 out of my husbands check and it does not cover any of the prescriptions our family takes. This really frustrates me to no end. Second the side-effects of being on them are not worth it. It does a lot of damage to your liver and other organs after long term use. I was taking it for three years. It also makes you gain weight
And let’s just say my libido went flying out the window!


I have been through numerous antidepressants in my life as well as anxiety medication ( Klonopin) and withdrawing from Klonopin was just as bad. However, like I said I did some research on the internet and found a couple of over the counter meds that may help ease the side-effects of Celexa withdrawal. Please keep in mind I am telling you what I read.

My first mission was to get rid of my extreme dizziness. So I figured why not try Dramamine( motion sickness medication). So I took one pill this evening at about 7: 30 pm and it is now 9:29 pm and I have to say that my dizziness is almost gone. I feel a little tired but rather be tired than dizzy and not be able to do anything all day. Mind you this is only my first day taking this.

Second I read that Benadryl can also alleviate the dizziness and itching associated with withdrawal from Antidepressants. I bought the Benadryl today, but will wait and take it if the Dramamine does not work as well tomorrow.

The third and final thing I did was go out and purchase Sam-E it is a natural mood lifter and very good for liver cleansing, and for overall good health, and after taking Celexa I felt I needed to try it.
The link to check out Sam-E is: http://www.raysahelian.com/sam-e.html

Sam-E is all natural and has NO withdrawal effects. I started my first pill of that today. When I first read about I was a little hesitant because I have anxiety and the dosage they suggested seemed too high to me. So I am now just taking 50mg a day to start and see how my body handles it.
For those of you who are interested in trying it you can do so by venturing to your local pharmacy.

I know how you are feeling right now if you are in withdrawal, and all I can say is “this too shall pass”

I also read that after taking your last pill of Celexa that the withdrawal symptoms can take up to 8 days and as long as 4 weeks to get completely out of your system. Something the doctors don’t tell you. Well that’s it for tonight. If your feeling low you can pm or email me, I will be happy to help you through this if you feel you need to talk. Otherwise, I will be posting again until the side effects pass and probably even after if the Sam-E works.

God bless all you depressed and frustrated people.

Leeza

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do understand depression and also anxiety. I know that taking an natural way of things has the ability to help a person.

Relaxation and meditation can help rid your body of the negative vibrations and mood swings.
I have found that St Johns wort and a Rescue Remedy of great help.

You should also be under a doctors care while yo have weaned of your meds.
Wishing you peace and calm.

Nancy Macdonald
http:www.preciousbabysite.com

Leeza said...

Thanks Nancy,
I do realize that I should have been under a doctors care while weaning off my meds, but It wouldn't ( i believe) have change the side effects that I had to go through.
Thanks for reading my blog. :0)

Leeza